Open House 2009 - Harvest Fest - Party On The Farm
October 11, 2009, 11 to 6pm or whenever, W8473 Smock Valley Road, Monroe, WI
Our Annual Open House - Usually conducted in the spring, this year we moved it to fall.
Parking - When you arrive at the farm, you will see a yellow and green building. Park there - do not attempt to navigate our driveway.
Directions - On our website. HOWEVER - if you are coming from Chicago, and you want to stop at our store, Bushel & Peck's - directions are at the very end of this post. Bushel & Peck's is at 328 State St in Beloit, but our directions are based on experience. Pick your poison.
Rain Or Shine - We will move it indoors if it rains. More details for our visitors:
- This is a free event that we have hosted for our customers. It is intended for fun & learning about farm life.
- You can:
- Wander the brambles of our woods, and they are brambles.
- Stroll the farm
- Plant garlic with us
- Collect eggs
- View the beehives of Dan and Terri Dodge, which are situated in one of our growing fields.
- Buy pumpkins and squash - for those of you from the big city, we are pretty sure you will find cooler and waaaay cheaper stuff. We invited a farmer from Beloit to the open house, and he's planning to bring a trailer of pumpkins & such.
- Meet other like minded people
- Take as many black walnuts as you can find on the ground
- Be Merry
- If you feel compelled to bring something, as many people have asked, bring
- A dozen cookies to pass
- One million dollars
- A bottle of wine
- A perennial plant from your very own garden that we can transplant
- Dogs, kids and obnoxious grown ups are welcome...don't bring your cat we don't need any more cats
- ALSO - IF - you are daring OR have alot of time
- Bushel & Peck's is hosting a farm to table dinner the night before. You can have dinner, stay at a nice motel and drive to the farm on Sunday. Reservations for dinner are needed. Email.
- CAMP - on the farm. And this is really remote camping. We have a lot of woods. Pick your spot or we know some great ones.
- Everyone welcome but it would be really nice to know how many are coming. So send us a note if you know for sure. Last year we had about 150 people pass through and we had a darned good time.
DIRECTIONS FROM CHICAGO VIA BELOIT:
Take 90 West toward Rockford. After passing through Rockford, you will exit at South Beloit, 75...turn left....take this about 2 miles and turn right when 75 ends (At Papa John's pizza, just past the South Beloit fire station) Turn right and drive about 3/4 of a mile. You will enter downtown Beloit. Bushel & Peck's is on the west side of State Street with a black, red and gray awning. It is open on Sunday. From there, B&P staff can point you to GIGG.